Introductory Statements

There are many people who scavenge the Internet searching for opinions and thoughts to debate about, and yet, when some appear, their thirst for an open discussion is not quenched. That is why I am creating this blog. My want (or need) for conversation about topics that come from life is bigger than ever. The fact that I am a teenager most likely pushes that desire because my mind is trying to make sense of the world. Plus, I have a lack of conversation about things that matter in my life. Everyone around me seems to talk about useless things that hold no value all the time. Sometimes I fall in the trap of talking about things that I do not care about, but it is just me trying to fill that empty gap.

So therefore I ask you, the reader, to help me fill the void, the empty piece to my life. I want to be able to analyze things, and I would love to have second opinions. Different people help widen my world view, and they add sturdier foundation for my opinions about the life I lead.

I am willing to research and converse about any topic. A true conversationalist goes to great lengths to meet their goal, and I do not promise that I know all the answers. I can only promise that I will try to find the answers with an open mind.

I also promise that I am not a professional journalist.  That may sound like a bad thing, but it just means that I am not tainted by greed. I am just a middle-class citizen born in modern America. I do not wish for money or fame, just a place where the conversation never dies. In Ancient Greece, philosophers discussed important topics in public, and that is how I wish this area of the Internet to be.

Thank-you for taking the time to read this, and I hope there are many great conversations ahead of us in the future. 












Comments

  1. gen! i just read both of your blog posts but i wanted to comment on this one because i don't think anyone has yet. anyways, i really like your idea. it's formal and yet conversationalist, and i also really like your opinions on the topics so far. but i have a suggestion (maybe it's vague) but i think it would be so interesting if you talked about different trends and your opinions on them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts